Memories, memories, memories
Memories, memories, memories some make you laugh, get angry,
even cry but the one thing is for sure they all share a place deep in our
hearts. When asked of my most memorable moment in my life, it would be my trip
to Vietnam. This is especially memorable because this is the first Vietnam trip
with my family. This would be a perfect getaway for my hectic life after
finishing my foundation.
Amazingly, my trip to Vietnam turned out to be the most amazing one and was by
far, the most memorable 5 days vacation. Not only did I get to be in a
beautiful country but i learnt about their sort of cultures. Everyone should
take some time out and take a chance to travel to Vietnam because it lays a
wonderful opportunity to see and learn its history and experience the Vietnamese's
culture. Besides, it wouldn't be a costly vacation.
In the
late of afternoon, I arrived to the airport. The flight was a bit turbulent, but I can remember how
us getting off the plane, walking to the arrival gate, picking up our luggage
and then greeted by some friendly faces. As it is our first time been there, we
took a bus go to Saigon Hotel that my mum booked earlier located in the middle
of Ho Chi Min City where is the largest city in Vietnam. After taking a short
break, we came down to look around the city. Basically, I must say Malaysia is
more cleans than Vietnam because I found they just throw the rubbish
intentionally along the roadside and do not realize to keep their country
clean.
Despite of
bad images, I noticed the
quality of life of the Vietnamese people. The street vendors and kids I
associated with were poor, but they smiled and lived in the moment. Despite
lacking the luxuries, they were able to work without the range of age. I believe
living in the moment makes all the difference. Having no guarantees for
tomorrow, they were forced to enjoy the pleasures of each day. One of
difficulties I had during my trip is to find Muslim’s restaurant. Mostly, they
are Non-Muslims so we searched around the city where is the best Halal
restaurant we may eat to fill up our stomach. We must have guts to go through
closely which one is the Halal because all the foods seem alike.
The hustle and bustle of people moving about, the coming and going of buses,
cars and riding motorcycles also the enticing sights of the various stalls
along the roadside attracted our attention and we moved to My Tho a bustling
town in the rich agricultural region of the Mekong Delta. Along the journey, I
sat by the window and enjoyed the passing scenery. The sights of numerous
rivers, bridges, countryside, evergreen paddy fields, lush green tea gardens,
vast plains that were enchanted me a lot. Then, we reached to Mekong River
Island. We have the opportunity to board a local boat to explore the Mekong
River Islands, went to Bee Island where I taste pure honey taken from the bee
hives. Next, we were stopping at a fruit orchard to enjoy fruit and tea while
listening to local music and Thoi Son islet. The trip also includes a brief
sampan ride through the tiny waterways that thread the island. I am very
excited because it was my first time been in a sampan in my lifetime. My family
and I really enjoyed and delighted
very much a day trip to Mekong River.
One of
Ho Chi Min’s landmarks, Ben Thanh offers a great atmosphere that is absolutely
authentically Vietnamese. Ben Thanh is a great place to buy local handicrafts,
branded goods, Vietnamese art and other souvenirs.The market is big, difficult
to navigate at times and certainly best avoided during the hottest part of the
day but all the same its well worth a look. Based on the people who have been
there before, they told us Ben Thanth has been a wholesale market or sold in
bulk. People who are having a small business, they got their stocks from the
market. When night falls, restaurants around the perimeter of the market open
their doors creating a vibrant street side scene filling the air with the
scents of wok-fried noodles,
barbecued fish and meats.
Life
is a continuous journey. Some journeys are short and some long. Some journeys
are sweet and pleasant while some are sour. Some journeys are too memorable to
be erased by the sands of time. I can never forget this memorable trip. The
reminiscences of this journey often flicker in my mind every now and then.
.jpg)

0 comments: